Strategic Plan for the Larkspur-Corte Madera School District
Our vision is to provide an extraordinary 21st Century education for every child and a positive, supportive, inclusive environment where each student can thrive.
The mission of the Larkspur School District Board of Trustees and staff is to develop literacy, critical thinking and enthusiasm for learning within each student by offering a rich, rigorous, relevant and engaging curriculum and through a collaborative partnership with parents and community.
District Strategic Priorities 2011-2013
- Cultivate safe, healthy, caring and inclusive school environments that foster respect and compassion
- Support and inspire each child to attain higher levels of achievement through a dynamic, inquiry-based curriculum that addresses individual needs
- Attract, develop and retain talented and inspirational staff
- Maintain the fiscal integrity and stability of the district
- Manage enrollment growth by supporting smaller learning environments
- Ensure consistent, effective communication and collaboration among classroom, home, district and community
District Core Values and Concepts
- Visionary & Collaborative Leadership: Our leaders, including Trustees, set direction and maintain a focus on students and positive learning climates, clear and visible values, and high expectations. Our leaders inspire and motivate teams, involve our community, collaborate and form key relationships.
- Student-Centered Education: In order to ensure our students meet their fullest potential, we provide a comprehensive, standards-based, differentiated curriculum, and opportunities for every student to be successful and engaged. We believe ongoing assessment of student learning informs our instructional practices.
- Organizational and Personal Learning: We promote strategic thinking, innovation, flexibility and agility in response to changing requirements. We invest in personal learning through focused professional development for staff.
- Valuing Faculty, Staff and Partners: Our success depends on the diverse backgrounds, knowledge, skills, creativity, dedication, and motivation of faculty, staff, parents, and community members.
- Social Responsibility: We model good citizenship, ethical behavior and sensitivity to others, and promote each child’s success as members of a global society. We value diversity in our students and believe it enriches our inclusive educational program.